Sunday 19 February 2012

Paris

This week I had a short trip to Paris. On Wednesday I visited Premier Vision - Indigo. My 'Jardin de Fluers'  and 'Natural Pattern' printed fashion fabrics exhibited there, along with other students work on the Cleveland College of Art & Design Stand.


CCAD Stand At Indigo


CCAD Stand - Some of my prints are laid on the table
I decided to visited the show one; because I think it is really inspirational to walk around and see all the prints and embelished fabric samples other studios have produced, but also to gather contacts and speak to studios about internships. To do this I made myself a small press pack which included a creative CV, my Buisness card and a disc with examples of my work on it along with my full CV.

My collection of press packs - Ready to hand out
When I first arrived I collected my pass along with other leaflets and a Map to help me natigate around the show and see which Design Studio's were exhibiting.


Leaflets and Guides I picked up around the show
Once I was in Indigo I began handing out my press packs to companies that caught my eye, and that I could relate myself to because of certain prints and designs. I found it quite daunting at first walking up to stands because I didnt want to feel as though I was interfiering, but I soon got use to it as most Studios were really friendly and gave me good feedback, most of the studios gave me buisness cards and told me to get intouch with them.
I feel my day at Premier Vision was really successful. I was really inspired and influenced by the work that I saw. From coming back to Paris and visting the show for my second time I have gained more experience and a better understanding of how Design Shows work. From viewing other studios work it has given me so many ideas of how I could design and create future prints.


Excited to go into Premier Vision

Me and Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment